Surf hat with waterproof boom microphone by BbTALKIN USA. One size fits all with adjustable elastic cord. May not fit customer’s with an XL head. We recommend the baseball cap as an alternative for customer’s who need a larger fit.
This is our new style surf hat with loop side Velcro sewn into the surf hat strap. Compatible with our new foam ear pads. The loop side is on the hat strap and the hook side is on the foam pads. To add these pads, check the box on the right. (The foam pads are not compatible with our black surf hats – older style.)
This surf hat headset is designed to be used with our Advance Unit. You plug the boom microphone’s 3.5mm audio cable directly into your Advance Unit to establish communication. The microphone and speaker piece on the boom microphone are completely waterproof. The design of the boom microphone allows the flexibility to change out either the microphone piece or speaker piece if it becomes damaged over time.
From the date of purchase, the surf hat and all it’s components are covered for 6 months. Please see our warranty section for complete warranty details.
- Use fresh water to wash all of the headset.
- Make sure to rinse the microphone and speaker piece.
- DO NOT use high pressure spray.
- It is best to submerge in a bucket of fresh water for a through wash.
- Hang to dry in a well ventilated climate controlled (a/c) environment.
- Over time, the male 3.5 jack on the headset may become corroded. (dull in color) Make sure to keep this clean by a cloth or scotch bright. Do not use any cleaning solution.
If using in salt water, you must fresh water rinse. Failure to do so can cause corrosion and product failure.
1. Secure the boom microphone onto your Surf Hat.
2. Run the 3.5mm cable through the hole of the Surf Hat.
3. Install the plastic clip mount onto the hat.
4. Mount the waterproof case into the plastic mount. Make sure both sides of the casing is securely into the mount.
5. Plug in the boom microphone’s 3.5mm audio cable. Make sure the cable is tight and secure. Failure to do so will cause water intrusion into the casing. Any water damage to the unit
within the casing is not covered under warranty.
6. Make sure after each use that your case is secure and sealed.
x1: Cloth surf hat
x1: Boom microphone