Helmet headset with left speaker and microphone by BbTALKIN USA.
New for 2022: This headset now comes with loop side Velcro sewn into it for our new foam ear pads. The loop side is on the ear pad and the hook side is on the foam pads. When you add these pads, they help keep the volume constant. When you set your student up out of the water, once they are in the water and riding, the outside noise interference is less. This is very helpful especially for coaching young students. Add the ear pads to your order by checking the box above. (B02R’s purchased before 12/24/2021 CANNOT use the foam ear pads.)
This headset is designed to be used with our Advance Unit. You plug the headset’s 3.5mm audio cable directly into your Advance Unit as it has the microphone and speaker piece for communication which are completely waterproof. The design of the helmet pad allows the flexibility to change out either the microphone piece or speaker piece if it becomes damaged over time.
The headset fastens to the left side of your helmet by a marine grade Velcro. These are compatible with almost every helmet. The only helmet these will not adhere to are those that are rubber painted.
Click here for downloadable instructions.
From the date of purchase, the helmet speaker pad and all it’s components are covered for 6 months. Please see our warranty section for complete warranty details.
- Use fresh water to wash all of the headset.
- Make sure to rinse the microphone and speaker piece.
- DO NOT use high pressure spray.
- It is best to submerge in a bucket of fresh water for a through wash.
- Hang to dry in a well ventilated climate controlled (a/c) environment.
- Over time, the male 3.5 jack on the headset may become corroded. (dull in color) Make sure to keep this clean by a cloth or scotch bright. Do not use any cleaning solution.
If using in salt water, you must fresh water rinse. Failure to do so can cause corrosion and product failure.
1. Use the alcohol prep to clean up the helmet surface. You must clean the surface of your helmet to insure the 3m tape will adhere to the surface. The 3m tape will not adhere to rubber surfaces.
2. Attach the helmet speaker pad Velcro tape onto the helmet, left side, just above the helmet ear opening.
3. Run your helmet strap through the elastic band on the helmet speaker pad. This is important! Failure to do this step can cause the rubber to rip on your helmet speaker pad.
4. Install the plastic mount onto the left side of your helmet, just above the headset. (The rubberband helmet mount comes with your Advance Unit set)
5. Stretch each rubberband around the waterproof case and secure the band to the bottom of the mount.
6. Plug in the 3.5mm audio cable. Make sure the cable is tight and secure. Failure to do so will cause water intrusion into the casing. Any water damage to the unit is not covered under warranty.
Depending on what you select above:
B02R: x1: Single sided helmet speaker pad with microphone
Option to Add:
- Foam Ear Pads (Set of 2)
- Microphone Piece