Next step is to select the head accessory you wish to plug into your Advance Unit. In order to communicate, you need to plug a headset with a microphone and speaker into the Advance Unit.
Our head accessories are specially designed to plug into the Advance Unit with a secure waterproof connection. We have a selection of headset’s that are completely waterproof with IPX7 rating. We also have a selection of weather resistant products with IPX5 rating.
Lastly, if you wish to use a headset from another source, all you need is a multi-connector to keep your Advance Unit sealed from any water intrusion. (The headset from another source will not be waterproof.)
Below are the head accessories we offer.
Two elements keep the Advance Unit waterproof:
1. Our specially designed headsets with sealing knob that plugs into the unit
2. BbTALKIN proprietary waterproof microphone and speaker design keeps them working after being submerged in water.
BbTALKIN offers multiple different options for where you can mount your Advance Unit. The higher the Advance Unit is mounted, the longer your range is for communication.
You can easily move your Advance Unit from one location to another. This gives the customer the option to use their Advance Unit for multiple different applications. You can mount your Advance Unit on a helmet, hat, arm band or clip.
The Advance Unit has it’s own built in long range Bluetooth, FCC approved. Bluetooth connects by line of sight.
Take your Advance Units out of the box and securely screw in your head accessory.
When purchasing an A02R, the devices already comes paired. To turn on your Advance Units, press and hold the center button on each unit until the blue light comes on. (3 seconds)
To connect, press the Blue No. 1 or the Red No. 2 button once (0.5 seconds). You only need to press one of the buttons. After pushing either button, wait for both units to announce, “connected.” You can now start to talk.
If you wish to dis-connect, it is the same as connecting. Press either the Blue No. 1 or Red No. 2 button once (0.5 seconds).
If you go out of range, your Advance Units will disconnect. To re-connect, get within 300 meters and press either the Blue No. 1 or Red No. 2, once the units announce, “connected” you are ready to talk again.
To turn off your Advance Unit, hold the center button until you see a red light. (3 seconds) It is the same button to turn the Advance Unit on or off.
For additional instructions on pairing to other Advance Units, please visit our instructions page.
While your Advance Unit is OFF, press and hold the center button until you see the light flashing blue and red.
Go to your smart phone and select BBT-ADV. (Make sure your phone’s Bluetooth is on)
We have a free video App, BbCAM, available for Iphone. (If you are using an Android, you can use the Cinema FV-5 Lite App)
1. Here is a link to download the BbCAM App directly.
2. After the BbCAM App is installed on your phone:
3. Bluetooth your Advance Unit to iPhone;
4. Connect Advance Unit to student;
5. Start recording video with iPhone;
6. Video is automatically saved into your iPhone camera roll;
7. When playing back video, turn Bluetooth off to hear audio.
To pair your Advance Unit with a Garmin Action Camera:
1. Enable Garmin’s Bluetooth search mode;
2. When the Advance Unit is off, press and hold the center button (5 seconds) until blue and red light flashes;
3. Select the “BBT ADV” on Garmin screen;
4. Connect Advance Unit to student;
5. You can now start recording video with live audio feed into your Garmin.